Thursday, February 2, 2012

Remaining out of cancerstan


Thank God for the interventional radiologists.  Last week, on Tuesday January 24, Robert Bloch, MD, removed the 55mm expandable stainless steel stent he had inserted through my right flank two months previously.   I have saved it as a souvenir and after soaking in vinegar water for a week it no longer stinks. 

Next week I get a “Whitaker test”.

That test determines whether a new stent needs be inserted or whether I can go back to the  plumbing that came with this body at birth.   



It seems I am almost fully recovered from all the medical treatments.  Currently, there is no evidence of any cancer, however, my urology guide, Doug Masson, MD tells me that within the next 12 months,  there is about a 50% chance of reoccurrence of cancer in some part of my body. 
So I could well end up again in Cancerstan…It’s not my choice…It is/will be fate.

In the meantime,  we have confirmed tickets and reservations for our long delayed trip to Europe.   Feb.11 we leave for New Hampshire, Iceland, Austria, Germany and Switzerland.  In Germany and Austria our granddaughter, Helen Anderson, will be our guide.
In berlin we will be met by Martin Lutz. 
In Weimar our good friends, the LaRosee family may perform a family concert
and  in Switzerland we will be with our friends of 40 years, Marc and Catherine Fermont. 

We plan a return to Portland March 9 and shortly thereafter obtain a follow-up CT scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment