Monday, May 9, 2011

out of quicksand, still lost

I'm so thankful that Dr. Jim got me out of the quicksand of deciding which of three surgeons should operate...It will be Dr. Bruce Lowe at Good Samaritan here in Portland.  Today we work out that schedule.

I'm shedding some of my baggage, yesterday I resigned as head of my Quaker Meeting's Finance Committee.  At the same time, friends and family are becoming ever more important.

However Mary Ann and I are still lost here in Cancerstan.  Having "decided" on an external bag for the replacement bladder, I found out that a friend who has one will not travel on an airline as he is worried about an accident...Ouch, that boulder is (temporarily?) blocking the path.  I want to go to Europe late this summer.

2 comments:

  1. I went to your new blog and wrote a long and thoughtful piece and tried to get it to publish. I tried everything, I have both a facebook and wordpress account but it would not publish and then the “tubes” ate my thoughtful piece.

    So I am back to “there are no words” and when I try to offer them up? No words.

    My thoughts are with you.

    Love Mike

    So before I hit send, I went to your blog. I like that your are planning to travel to Europe. Planning being the operative word. There is the story floating around how a TSA was warned about this guy having a bag and he went rummaging around and got the thing loose and all over the guy, which only pointed to how insensitive, inefficient and just plain stupid these clowns can be in “the hunt for terrorists”. I am sure your friend pointed that out. It also gives hope to the large bunch of folks who have been treated and that they are still out there.

    Sometimes the goals of a trip can manifest themselves in a shorter less stressful trip carefully planned.

    I appreciate how you are treating this like just a bunch of decisions to be made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Resigning from the finance committee is huge for you - I know how it feels to drop things that are important and that you love to do for a new life challenge.

    I love you and I am so proud and happy that you are my father.

    ReplyDelete